What do we do?
These are our main working areas:
- Language courses. We teach four-month and intensive courses in English, German, Spanish as a Foreign Language, French, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish Sign Language, Persian, Arabic and Russian. In the Language Centre it is possible to study all the levels outlined in the Common European Framework of Reference (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2).
- Specific courses to prepare official examinations (DELE, Cambridge, TOEFL). We train students who would like to sit the various levels of official examinations.
- Training Centre for teachers. Courses in methodology for the teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language, approved by the Cervantes Institute.
- ACLES Accrediting Centre. Accrediting CertAcles language level exams:
- English: levels B1, B2 and C1
- German: level B1
- French: level B1
- Spanish: levels B1 and B2
- Examinations Centre for DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language), awarded by the Cervantes Institute (Levels A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2); and examinations centre for TOEFL and IELTS.
- Training and Accrediting Centre for teaching in English. The Language Centre organises specific courses in the use of English as a teaching medium and, under the academic supervision of the University of Vigo, holds the HELA (Higher Education Lecturing Accreditation) exam.
- Customized training courses. In the Language Centre we design specific academic syllabuses to meet the needs of our users, companies and other bodies that need specific training or have specific aims for their organization. You can see plans developed for these users in Customized Training Courses area of this site.